ōils4us Kona, Hawai'i 1-801-580-3329
Aromatic Use: This is a powerful way to affect memory, and um... um... (time to get out my Frankincense!!) and oh, yea - hormones and emotions through the olfactory system. ($100 words for the nerves that transmit smells to the brain.) Inhaling also has a quick and effective impact on the sinuses, larynx, bronchial tubes and lungs.
Diffuse: Create a fine whole oil mist by using a nebulizing diffuser to reduce airborne chemicals and create greater physical and emotional harmony.
Make your own personal diffuser: 1-2 drops oils on your palm. Rub your hands together and cup them around your nose and mouth. Breathe in gently, hold your breath, and exhale. Do this several times. Try this with Peppermint and experience WOW!
Topical Use: 1-3 drops applied to area of concern or on the feet. Feet are a FAST absorbing location. Also behind the ears, on the wrists, and for emotional needs, on the heart.
Dilution: Follow the recommendations for each oil.
"Neat" - no longer means groovy - it means undiluted. (That is soooo undiluted!)
Moderate Dilution: for Children/Sensitive Skin - about 1:1 with carrier oil (we love fractionated coconut oil. It stays liquid with no competing aroma)
Heavy Dilution: for highly spicy oils like Cinnamon or Oregano - 1:4 with carrier oil
Follow instructions for pregnancy/nursing as a few oils are not recommended.
Hot Baths: Mix 3-6 drops mixed with body wash or epsom salts to disperse oil
Hot Compress: Mix 3-5 drops with 2 quarts hot or cold water. Let oils float to the top and lay a cloth on the water. Wring out and use. Cover with a dry towel and hot water bottle or heating pad
Massage: Add 3-10 drops to 1 Tbsp carrier oil
Let me introduce you to dōTERRA Essential Oils. The distillation is complicated, the science quite involved, the body chemistry changes remarkable, AND luckily essential oils are easy enough to use that your 4 year old can effectively "oil up!"
Experiencing the Peppermint WOW!
Here are some tips to maximize your oil experiences:
1. Use a small amount throughout the day. Less is more and use more often.
2. Beware oils in the eyes or ears - the oils are too powerful for tender tissues. Also, be sure to wash your hands well BEFORE you go to the bathroom. You'll learn why real fast if you forget!!!
3. Look for the Supplement Facts box on the oil bottle - that means you can take it internally. Otherwise, use it Aromatically or Topically ONLY.
4. Address a few health concerns at a time. Avoid overwhelming your body with too many new instructions.
5. Keep your oils out of the heat. The oil chemistry can alter if the oil reaches over 130 degrees - which can happen in direct sunlight or in a locked car in the summer. Use wisdom.
6. Take oils with you everywhere - if you don't end up needing them, someone else will. dōTERRA means "Gift of the Earth" and that gift is for everyone! I pack mine in a small lunch cooler with an re-freezable icepack, on a key ring, and in my bra-ket.
Take the lid of - let the oils do the work!
You always have your personal diffuser with you